What to Wear on Unseasonably Warm Days

6:26 PM

Happy Friday, everyone! The first week of November is already in the history books, and if you're anything like me, this is usually around the time where I start listening to Christmas music. I'm not sorry- I like to enjoy the holiday season as much as I can, Thanksgiving included. But I haven't starting singing about Santa Claus yet, because it is still warm outside. And warm is understatement for today. It was EIGHTY-FIVE degrees outside. That is pool weather. That is not November weather.

This whole week in particular was in the mid-70s, and I'm not really complaining. Campus has been beautiful, and it's the perfect weather to sit on the Quad and hang out with friends. I've already packed away most of my shorts and tank tops, however, and replaced them with jeans and sweaters. So what am I supposed to wear on unseasonable warm days like these?

In all honesty, my automatic go-to on days when I'm not exactly sure what to wear is exercise clothes. It is the most socially acceptable outfit among college students and sometimes just makes the most sense. Throw on a pair of Nike shorts and a t-shirt, and no one will judge you when you roll into class sweating (because they'll probably be in the same boat).

Another option is a dress, paired with a cardigan or light jacket that you can take on and off. I absolutely love swing dresses because they can be worn several different ways no matter the season. Here is my personal favorite, available in several colors. Pair it with a white or black Converse, and the outfit is pretty effortless.

A third option is to add a fall-color palette to a warm-weather outfit, like I did today. I opted for jeans and a black tank top, added an olive-green jacket and a tortoise-shell necklace (now on sale!). The tank is easily something I would wear in warmer seasons, but I made it seasonal by my accessories.


I am also home this weekend for the first time since August. My family just adopted this beautiful kitty, and I am so happy to spend some time with her.

God bless,
Laura

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm personally a big fan of thecollegegirlscloset blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts