My Style Confessions

11:05 AM

Why do I want to write this blog, anyway? As a busy college student on a budget, what makes my sense of style or my blog any better than the ones already on the Internet?

  1. I pay for all of my own clothing, unless it's a gift. As a college student without a job and on a budget, I am digging into my savings account whenever I decide to buy clothes.
  2. I wear things from last season. Honestly, I don't even believe in "seasons." I like to buy things that are classic and timeless, so they can be worn from year to year. 
  3. I don't wear or even own designer clothes. I have a couple expensive pieces that I splurged on, like a Kate Spade wallet and Longchamp purse, but that's about it because those pieces last a long time.
  4. I repeat outfits. A lot.
  5. Sometimes the extent of my outfit is a shirt and jeans. And that's okay.
  6. I wear yoga pants to class, and often. Workout clothes are my go-to several times a week. 
  7. I don't own a lot of purses or shoes. I have one purse that I use, and I have a few pairs of shoes that are neutral in color so they can be versatile. When it comes to shopping, I would rather have a new sweater than a new pair of shoes.
  8. I rarely pay full price. I shop sales, because that is what college students do. We want to save money.
  9. I only own like 2-3 pairs of jeans. 
  10. I shop at Target. Target is not even five minutes away from my college apartment, and I go there more often than I should. I have been impressed by their selection lately, and nearly half of the shirts hanging in my closet are from there.
These ten style confessions also serve as ten reasons why I started this blog a year ago to begin with. I believe that it is possible to have cute clothes and look nice while on a budget. All that being said, I hope TCGC provides a refreshing outlook on style, one that promotes affordability but quality at the same time. 

Now let's get started.

God bless,
Laura

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts